Got some leftover pork at home and didn’t know what to do? You came across the right blog, and our blog will give you some of the best ideas to enjoy delicious meals. Well, whether the leftover pork is roasted or not, we have some easy and catchy leftover pork recipes for you to enjoy with your family or your partner, or for your kids. If you enjoy cooking, put on your seatbelt! Not only will you enjoy cooking but also savor the taste of the leftover pork.
Table of Contents
Leftover pork recipes to cook throughout the week
Pork is meat derived from a domestic pig that is consumed throughout the world. No one ever says no to pork and always enjoys deliciously cooked pork meat. Some people use it as alternate meat for ham or beef. After buying fresh pork, some leftover pork might be left. So have room for the leftover pork recipes, which will make you, full, and you won’t regret cooking.
Pork is enjoyed by most people, but it is prohibited for people belonging to Judaism, Islam, and people from Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The pork is only delicious if it is juicy and tender in nature. Leftover pork can also be tender and juicy if preserved the wrong way. The leftover pork is only good if it’s not slimy, but it is okay for it to be moist. If it goes bad, then there will be a sour odor or smell in it.
Leftover pork storage
For keeping the quality maintained of the leftover pork, you should wrap the leftover pork, so it is completely sealed. The wrap should be airtight. The leftover pork will last for a minimum of 3 to 4 days to savor the same taste as fresh pork. If not cooked within these days, it should be frozen at a temperature of 0 degrees Fahrenheit or -18 degrees Celsius. Keep it in the refrigerator at 4 degrees Celsius or 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The leftover pork should not be left out for more than 2 hours.
Leftover pork recipes
So below are mentioned some of the leftover pork recipes which will bring joy to your taste buds. They are:
Leftover pork recipes Mexican
1. Leftover pork tacos
To make Leftover pork tacos, follow the given recipe:
- Heat 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet or cooking pot, then fry one piece of chopped onions till it turns a bit reddish or brown.
- Now add the leftover pork and add 1 tablespoon of cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper according to taste. Stir it nicely, so the seasonings get coated over it.
- On medium heat, cook the pork for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Separately start heating vegetable oil in a different pan, keeping the flame from medium to high.
- Fry the corn tortillas in the pan once the heat is thoroughly spread for 1 minute on each side.
- Drain the excess oil by soaking the tortillas on paper towels.
- Finally, fill the cooked leftover pork inside the corn tortillas and then serve the deliciously cooked pork tacos.
2. Mexican Rice with leftover pork
To make Mexican rice with leftover pork, follow the given recipe:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan and add half a cup of rice, then stir it for 5 minutes on medium flame. Stir it well till it turns brownish in color.
- Add finely chopped one-fourth medium-sized onion and green pepper along with 1 tablespoon of chili powder. Stir it well and after 5 minutes, add finely chopped 1 clove of garlic. Let it cook for a minute more.
- Add one-fourth of finely diced tomatoes, 1 cup of leftover pork, and half teaspoon of salt, and let it boil. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Let the heat pass for around 5 minutes, and they stir the rice with a paddle.
- Serve the Mexican rice with leftover pork.
3. Leftover Roast Pork Curry
To make leftover roast pork curry, follow the given recipe:
- In a deep frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil with finely chopped onions. After 5 minutes, add 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger and 2 cloves of grated garlic. Stir it for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of curry paste, and then add the leftover pork. Let it fry at a medium flame till the leftover pork is no longer pink in color.
- Now add finely diced tomatoes and vegetable stock to the pan. At a very low flame, let it boil for 20 to 25 minutes. At times keep stirring the curry in between.
- Finally, squeeze some lime or lemon juice over the curry along with sprinkles of black pepper. Then serve the leftover roast pork curry on your plate with a topping of coriander leaf.
4. Leftover pork roast stew
To cook some stew with leftover pork, follow the given recipe:
- In a pot, from medium to high temperature, pour some oil and add pork. Fry the pork for some time till the color changes to brownish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of homemade mixture of flour and fat, which is commonly known as Roux. Then, add water accordingly.
- Add finely chopped potatoes and carrots, depending on the quantity you are making. Let it cook over low heat until you notice the water is absorbed by the vegetables.
- Finally, serve it on your plate with rice or bread, as you wish it.
5. Leftover pork roast casserole
To cook a casserole, follow the given recipe:
- In a medium flame, heat one-fourth cup butter in a frying pan. After the butter melts, add one-fourth cup of chopped onions and stir it till it fries.
- Add in flour and stir it well until it blends. Then add salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning to the pan.
- Pork broth and water are added into the pan, stir until the mixture looks somewhat thickening.
- Add the leftover pork along with vegetables like peas and carrots, let it cook for some time.
- Once done, the water is absorbed, and put the pan down.
- Prepare a Casserole which is greased with oil, and pour the leftover pork mixture into it. Over the mixture, add mashed potatoes.
- At a temperature of 350 degrees, Fahrenheit bake it for 25 to 30 minutes. If you want a cheesy casserole, put over some ground cheese and let it bake for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, serve it on the plates and enjoy the meal.
6. Leftover pork roast recipes: food network
Follow the given recipe as follows:
- Grind together 8 piece cloves of garlic along with 1 tablespoon of each rosemary and thyme leave.
- Mix the leftover roasted pork with salt and pepper, keep it aside.
- Place the pancetta and add the blended mixture made at the beginning on one side and between the loins. If some mixture is left, then apply it over the rest of the pork.
- Nicely wrap the leftover roast that was kept aside in between pancetta and put it in a pan. Refrigerate it for 1 hour or, if you wish, then for a day.
- At 400 degrees Fahrenheit, preheat the oven.
- Half a cup of both wine and broth is added to the pan. Add more water to keep it juicy after every 20 minutes.
- Insert a thermometer in the center before putting the pan in the oven. Let it roast till the marking in the thermometer reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the pan out and place the wrapped pork on a cutting board. Divide it into pieces and enjoy the food.
7. Ham, cheese, and apple melts with leftover pork
To try this recipe out, follow the given recipe:
- Place the tortillas and spread mustard equally over them.
- Add any grated cheese of your choice and strips of leftover pork. Also, add finely diced green apples to have a sweet and crunchy taste which goes well with the pork.
- Grease the frying pan with oil in low to medium heat and then put the tortillas in it. Fry it in between medium to high flame.
- After 5 minutes, cover it over with another tortilla with mustard spread beneath it.
- Make sure you don’t burn it while making it crispy on both sides.
- Once cooked, cut it with a knife and serve it on plates.
8. Leftover pork pasta
To male leftover pork pasta, follow the given recipe:
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. Wait till it turns to a different color.
- Add tomatoes, a little basil leaves, and oregano, and let it cook for 15 minutes. Thus makes the tomato sauce.
- Now in a pot, put some water and boil it, then toss the pasta in it with salt for taste. Stir it, so the pasta does not stick to the pot. After 2 or 3 minutes, the pasta will become soft and taste well.
- Don’t drain the cooking water but store it.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and the fan at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grind bread and rosemary leaves to make fine breadcrumbs. To coat salt and pepper over it, add a little bit of olive oil. Bake it for 10 minutes until the color changes to light golden.
- Add the leftover pork and grated parmesan cheese into the tomato sauce along with the cooking water. Stir it through while adding salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Bake it for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Once baked, serve it on your platter.
9. Recipes for leftover pork roast and gravy
Leftover pork roast with mushroom gravy
To make this recipe, follow the given instructions:
- In a pan, heat 3 tablespoons of butter with finely chopped onions till they turn brownish in color.
- Add one and a half cups sliced mushrooms, a cup of leftover gravy, and cream mushroom. Stir it well and let it boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, for seasoning, add black pepper and mix it well. Then serve it on the platter.
Leftover pork chop gravy
To make this recipe, follow the given instructions:
- Boil 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a saucepan until hot. Put 3 tablespoons of flour and mix it well till the flour taste cuts off.
- While stirring, pour milk to get the thickness you desire and feel is suitable.
- Put the flame in low and add the leftover pork to the thick mixture. Again, stir it well to mix.
- Add black pepper and salt according to the quantity and taste. Let the heat spread uniformly and let it cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Leftover roast pork pie
To make this recipe, follow the given instructions:
- In a pot, melt 3 tablespoons of butter and add flour to it. Stir it for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame.
- Add pork stock, salt, pepper, and garlic paste, and paddle it to mix it well.
- Keep stirring till the mixture gets thickened.
- Add thyme leaves, leftover pork, carrots and peas, and mustard to the mixture. Let it heat and keep stirring the mixture occasionally.
- Prepare a pie pan and spray over non-stick spray. Keep the pie crust in the pan and press it well. Fill the pie crust with the leftover pork filling. Cover the filling with a dough layer and unroll it.
- With the help of a knife, get rid of excess dough and, with a fork, seal the crusts together. Put holes to let the steam out of the top crust.
- Take a mixture of egg and water and whisk it together. Grease the top crust of the pie with it.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then place the pie in it for 40 to 45 minutes. Once done, the crust will turn golden brown.
- Let the leftover roast pork pie cool before serving it on your plate.
With this, the recipes come to an end. Hopefully, it made you excited to cook some pretty delicious meals. Now no worries about what to do with the leftover pork at your home. A tasty homemade meal is waiting for your family, so start cooking. We hope our blog gives you some pretty good recipes. No need to think for a long time about what to cook. Get started already, and let us know which recipe you loved the most!