Do you have guests arriving at your doorstep in a while? Do you want to make something delicious for them? Well, who doesn’t love barbeque and smoky meat? We all do. Do not worry, cause here we will share this amazing recipe for making smoked Brisket. Even if you are a beginner, you can still easily follow the recipe as we share step-by-step instructions so that it’s easy for you to follow. So here we’ll discuss all the details you need to know about this recipe. So without any further delay, let’s dive into the topic straight. Well, before we begin with the recipe, let’s get to know what a brisket is?
Table of Contents
Smoked Brisket Recipe Details
Brisket is a lower chest portion or a breast portion of beef. Now let’s get straight into the recipe.
It would help if you bought a medium or high-quality brisket for a good barbeque. A good barbeque has the smokiest and juiciest meat in it. So, you need to check the quality before buying the meat you want.
After that, rub the meat with a wet tissue and then with a dry tissue.
The next procedure is to cut off the extra fat. Trim off the big fatty portions to avoid any extra oil or stickiness to your meat.
In the next method, we will prepare the meat with seasoning so let’s look into the ingredients.
- Beef Brisket
- Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- ginger powder
- wagyu tallow
The procedure is quite simple once you accumulate the ingredients.
- Now it’s time to prepare the Brisket. Sprinkle salt on the Brisket and let it sit in a cooling rack and set it up or place it in the refrigerator and leave it overnight.
- After it gets chilled and ready, take it out and rub wagyu tallow nicely on it. Preheat the oven to 225°F. You can also use olive oil or mustard oil if you don’t want to use tallow.
- Now take a bowl and mix all the spices. Whisk well to avoid lumps. Spices like ginger and garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix all the spices properly. Now take your beef brisket and coat it well with the spices. Please don’t leave any space and coat it properly.
- Now place the Brisket in a smoker for 4-6 hours. Take the apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle for your convenience. It would be best if you sprayed vinegar after every hour to keep the beef moist.
- After that, remove the Brisket and wrap it in a foil and again put it back in the smoker for another 4 hours.
- Now take it out and let it cool a bit for 15-20 minutes. Slice it out and serve it with some dips. Or enjoy its flavor on its own.
There goes your beef brisket recipe.
Quick Smoked Brisket
The amount of time it takes to make this recipe is too much, and considering today’s busy lifestyle, we want something to prepare quickly just in an hour. So here, we will share a quick recipe to help you out with that.
As it is a quick process, we will cook this in the oven for a more delicious texture and an amazing taste.
- Beef brisket – 1 pound
- As we want to reduce the time, the quantity is also reduced here.
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil or any oil of your choice
- Aluminum foil
- Oyster sauce
- Corn flour
Let’s go through the procedure real quick.
- The first step is to season the beef. First, we’ll go ahead with some salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Rub well into all the parts of the beef.
- Now take a pan and add some olive oil or any oil of your choice and let it heat. Now sauté the seasoned beef brisket and cook it on all sides. After a few minutes, take out the beef brisket and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add some chopped onions (in dice). Fry it until transparent.
- Now add some carrot or any vegetable of your choice and sauté it for a min or so.
- Now take a baking pan and add your beef brisket, fried onions, carrots, and other vegetables.
- Add any broth you have. Here we are adding vegetable broth.
- Now cover it with an aluminum foil tightly and bake it at 300°F for about an hour or 1 hour 30 minutes. This vates according to the size of your beef. Here it is one pound, so it’s around one hour. If you’re using more than that, then it may vary.
- After an hour or so, take out the Brisket. Now take a grilling pan, oil it, and smoke the Brisket for about 10 minutes. Brush barbeque sauce and let it smoke, and roast a bit. There you go, you are ready with the Brisket.
- Now let’s prepare the sauce. Add the broth to the pan. Let it boil a bit, then add oyster sauce to it and corn flour paste to it. Let it boil and thicken for a bit. After it thickens, turn the gas off and serve it.
- Now cut the Brisket into slices and top it off with the sauce. There you go, a quick smoked brisket recipe.
Mistakes You Should Avoid while making smoked Brisket
- It would help if you always used the right temperature to cook the Brisket as it depends on how the Brisket will turn.
- Use fresh spices instead of using store-bought rubs. Fresh rubs make the Brisket flavorful and aromatic.
- Let it rest. Let the Brisket cool down for a while after all that procedure.
- Do not overcook it also, do not undercook it. Make sure to follow the given instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
For how many hours the Brisket should be smoked?
For 6 hours approximately.
Does the quality of the meat irresponsible for it to turn good or bad?
Yes absolutely. This method is time-consuming, so when you are investing so much time in it, make sure it’s worth it. So always try to buy good quality beef.
Where to place the fat side while cooking the Brisket?
Always put the fatty side down.
When to spray the Brisket?
It would help if you sprayed the Brisket every hour while it prepares.
Why do you need to wrap the beef in foil?
Wrapping the meat in foil speeds, and levels up the process, and it helps the food cook quickly.
So we finally arrived at the end of our blog. This recipe is time-consuming, but it’s worth it when you make it with all your love. This recipe is great for parties, winter get-togethers, or even on vacations. Get yourself a glass of wine, or you can enjoy this recipe on its own even. Make sure to follow all the steps mentioned here and the recipe mentioned here for a lip-smacking outcome.
I hope this was helpful and relevant to your search. We tried to bring together all the information you need to know about this recipe. Do let us know your experience and till then, take and stay safe.