Who doesn’t dream of a perfect body or figure? We all do. Losing weight is a worldwide concern but gaining weight is also a concern. We generally don’t put keen attention towards it but a lot of people are striving to gain weight as well. People with high metabolism often face problem when they try to gain weight. Going for an unhealthy diet and stuffing face with junk food might seem a good idea, but honestly it is not. Having a proper diet with adequate nutrition and workout routine is extremely important. In today’s article we’ll discuss the ways and the things you need to follow in order to gain weight with a fast metabolism. Fast metabolism comes with a lot of benefits but it comes with its own consequences as well. So, let’s quickly check out how to gain weight with a fast metabolism.
Table of Contents
How to gain weight with a fast metabolism?
If your metabolism rate is fast, it is quite hard to gain weight. Plus genetics play a role as well. Though with a little bit of patience and effort you can overcome this and push the limit as well. There are plenty of solutions that can help you to gain weight and accumulate healthy fat in your body. Lets now take a look at the tips that talk about how to gain weight with a fast metabolism:
1. Eat Small portions throughout the day
The first and foremost rule is to eat frequent meals throughout the day. Now you may ask why? Well, this may sound absurd but people with fast metabolism tends to burn calories efficiently. In order to balance that you need to increase your calorie intake to ensure your body remains in a surplus calorie. You need to eat a lot of food in a day. Try to eat healthy snacks and healthy fulfilling meals. In place of normally having 3-4 meals, you need to take 5-6 meals. Small nutritious meals and high calorie meals.
2. Eat more carb and fats for gaining weight
Two components that are mostly associated with weight gain is fat and carbohydrates. These two are optimized for gaining weight. Fats generally provide us with 9 calorie per gram which is why consumption of healthy and good fats can result in healthy weight gain. Healthy fats as in unsaturated fats. These can help the body to get more calorie and you can easily and slowly gain weight.
You need to intake adequate amount of protein and fat in order to gain weight. Having a high calorie and highly nutritious diet can result in speedy weight gain. Here are some of the examples that can help you understand the food items that you need to add in your diet –
- Fatty fish
- olive oil
Also the more protein you’ll intake the more beneficial weight gain journey you’ll experience. Protein is essential for all of us and according to studies and RDA, an average adult should intake for about 1.6 grams of protein. This promoted healthy growth of muscles in your body.
Protein Rich Diet
Protein Rich diets include –
- Chicken (healthy flesh)
- Tofu or cottage cheese
These were some of the tips that can help you gain healthy weight in no time. But here are some additional tips for gaining weight. Let’s take a look at them-
- Drink milk – milk contains a lot of nutritional values which can help you gain weight. In place of drinking synthetic juices you can drink milk when you feel parched. It contains protein and calcium. Synthetic juices contain sugar which is unhealthy for your diet.
- Sleep – getting a good 8 hours of sleep is very important. It is important for your muscle growth and it also rejuvenates your body.
- Water before meal – you should avoid drinking water before having a meal. This trick actually prevents from gaining more weight and when you are trying to gain weight, you need to consider getting rid of this habit if you have it. It fills your stomach and it stops you from having adequate amount of meal.
- Quit smoking – if you are trying to gain weight and consider this as the most important tip that you need to follow. You should quit smoking in order to gain weight.
- Replace your plate – you need to replace a smaller plate with a bigger plate in order to eat more. If you have meals in a smaller plate, then you tend to eat less.
Is Gaining weight that much important?
Well, it depends according to your age, height and weight. If you stand in a good weight according to your height and age, then you don’t need to stress on gaining weight. But if you are underweight, ie; your weight is inadequate according to your height and age, in that case you need to take your health seriously and consult a nutritionist and try to gain weight as well. Though technically, if I try to define the term ‘underweight’ then it determines having a lower body mass index. Lower body mass index below 18.5. you need to have a body mass index higher than 18.5 to have optimal weight. Though you don’t need to start overthinking if you have lower BMI as it does not indicate any disease always. This is quite a common factor just like being overweight.
Signs that you have fast metabolism
Well, we can’t conclude that you have fast metabolism, without looking at the signs that proves that you have fast metabolism.
- You are always hungry even just after having a sumptuous meal. You get the urge of eating something or the other every now and then.
- You have irregular menstruation and you miss your period sometimes as well.
- You are trying your best to gain weight but nothing seems to work and you feel demotivated.
- You urinate frequently and it processes quickly as well.
- Your body is always warm and your temperature may remain high without you having any kind of fever or illness.
These are some of the points that you need to check and if 3 or more signs matches then in that case you have fast metabolism.
Exercises to gain weight
Lets now take a look at the exercises that you can do to gain weight quickly. Well, you can check on the procedure online to be accurate and then you can easily gain weight. Well, you need to follow this as a ritual and be patient, consistent and optimistic as well throughout the process. Here are the exercises from some of them you can also do at home.
- Push ups – it strengthens the upper portion of the body and it also helps in gaining weight. It helps in building a muscle structure around your arms and shoulders.
- Triceps Dips – again another exercise that helps you attain muscles in your body. Well, technically the upper body. It is back workout and quite effective if you can do it correctly.
- Squat – squats help in building muscles around the hip and leg area. It is a very popular work out that helps in rapid weight gain. Not to mention, it is really effective as well.
- Bench Dips – concentrates on the triceps, front shoulders and the chest area. Is a easy exercise, but do it accurately.
- Deadlift – it increases and builds muscle structures in your body. It also helps in gain weight and shape your body beautifully.
Why you can’t gain weight ( some reasons that might stop you )
- If your schedule is messed up and you do not take your meals in right time everyday it can result in unhealthy diet and lifestyle as well. You might have to change and maintain your routine in order to gain weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- If you have stomach issues and intestinal problems then this might be another reason. Indigestion causes you to lose Weight and also it stops you from gaining weight. The absorption of nutrients to your body is hampered.
- You drink less water. As 70% of our body weight is water, you need to drink enough water to maintain your body weight.
Health is wealth so pay attention to your body and take good care of it. Hopefully this article was informative and relevant to your hunt. For more such interesting and informative content subscribe to our Newsletter. Comment down below if you have any more queries about how to gain weight with a fast metabolism or anything else.